At TBH Real Estate we have weathered every kind of real estate market, so we are well versed in what it takes to sell your home. Our goal is to help you close one chapter and begin the next. Here are the three most important things to consider when getting ready to sell your home:
- How much money you should spend
- Curb appeal
- Prepping the Interior
How Much Should You Spend?
In prepping your home for sale, our goal is to help guide you to spend the least amount of money possible for the greatest return. There is a big difference between making small, cost effective improvements to your home, such as putting new hardware on cabinets and painting neutral colors in your home vs. remodeling a kitchen or bathroom. TBH Real Estate works with buyers and sellers from around the globe so we can guide you through what updates you should do to enhance your home’s value.
Here are the TBH tips to enhance your home’s curb appeal before putting your home on the market:
- Keep the lawn watered, mowed and edged.
- Trim hedges, weed flower beds, prune trees regularly.
- Inspect doors and windows for peeling paint.
- Clean gutters.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door, purchase a new welcome mat and place a freshly potted plant by the front door. It’s the best $100 you’ll spend.
Enhance Your Home’s Interior
- Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning, as well as removing all clutter. This alone will make your home appear bigger and brighter.
- Remove the everyday items from kitchen counters, closets, and attics, making these areas much more inviting.
- If necessary, repaint brightly colored walls with a neutral shade of paint, such as off-white or light gray. The same neutral scheme can be applied to carpets and vinyl flooring.
- Repair dripping faucets and showerheads. Purchase new towels for the bathroom, to brighten the bathrooms adds a contemporary feel.
- Make a dated kitchen sparkle, by investing in new cabinet knobs, new window treatments and a fresh coat of paint.